Deckhand / Cruise Attendant
Based in Eden on the South Coast of NSW, Cat Balou is a family owned tourism company that has been operating since 1987. We operate our Twofold Bay Highlights cruises year round and from August to November, Whale Watching cruises. We operate a modern touring vessel, the MV Cat Balou, from the Port of Eden.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for a Deckhand / Cruise Attendant candidate with excellent customer service skills to assist in the daily onboard operations of the vessel and assist in delivering a remarkable customer experience.
- High level of customer service to passengers
- Competent rope handling
- Competent assistance with docking of vessel
- Duties as directed by Master
- Cash & Ticket Handling
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the vessel
- Undertake public relations including passenger welcome and farewell procedures
- A willingness to deliver informative commentary
- Have a solid working knowledge of safety procedures including but not limited to Abandon Ship Procedures, Fire Fighting Procedures and Overboard Rescue routines
We are looking for someone with;
- Minimum Elements of Shipboard Safety or General Purpose Hand (GPH)
- First Aid and CPR
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) or willingness to obtain
The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, have excellent communication skills and be a team player. Prior experience in the Marine Tourism Industry and knowledge of the local area would be an advantage. Weekend work will apply.
Email your cover letter and resume to Lana – email@example.com