Family Whale Watching Cruise
A shorter version of whale watching which is a more suitable option for families with younger children.
These operate on selected days departing at 11.45am and are approximately 2 1/4 hours.
At this time of the year majestic Humpback whales frequent the waters just off the coast at Eden, at times coming into Twofold Bay on their southern migration. Other species of whales that also visit this area include Southern Right, Minke, occasionally Blue, Bryde’s and Orca. Most years whales can be observed lateral lunge feeding – one of the few places in the world this can be seen!
Other sea life frequently seen are Common & Bottlenose Dolphins, Australian Fur Seals, penguins, flying fish and at times sunfish and turtles.
Bird life includes many species of sea birds – albatross, shearwaters, sea eagles and gannets to name a few.
Complimentary refreshments including hot soup is served.
What to bring?
- Warm clothes – being on the water can be cold when standing viewing the whales.
- Camera – to capture all those golden whale moments (and spare batteries or a power source).
- Sunglasses – there is a lot of glare off the water so a pair of sunnies is always recommended.
- Seasickness precautions are recommended for whale watching and coastal wilderness cruises which operate on open waters, it’s always better to be prepared.
- A sense of adventure – you never know what we may encounter!
PLEASE NOTE: All cruises are subject to weather and passenger numbers. Full refund if cruise is cancelled due to unsuitable weather.
Ready to Book?