Whale Watching Cruises
See whales at Eden named Australia’s number 1 Whale Watching destination in Australia by Australian Geographic 2014!
Whale watching cruises commence mid September and operate each morning until late November. Duration approximately 3 – 3 ½ hours.
At this time of the year majestic Humpback whales frequent the waters just off the coast at Eden, at times coming into Twofold Bay on their southern migration. Other species of whales that also visit this area include Southern Right, Minke, occasionally Blue, Bryde’s and Orca. Most years whales can be observed lateral lunge feeding – one of the few places in the world this can be seen!
Other sea life frequently seen are Common & Bottlenose Dolphins, Australian Fur Seals, penguins, flying fish and at times sunfish and turtles.
Bird life includes many species of sea birds – albatross, shearwaters, sea eagles and gannets to name a few.
Complimentary refreshments including hot soup, cheese & biscuits are served.
Why Choose Cat Balou Cruises
- NSW’s longest established whale watching operators.
- 99% success rate.
- Multiple award winners at the South Coast Tourism Awards for best tour operator, best tourism small business operator and eco-tourism, along with inducted into their Hall of Fame.
- Whale guarantee! Applies to both half day whale watching and family whale watching cruises. Return free cruise or half fare refunded if whales not sighted.
- Direct ocean access, no sand bar crossings.
- Custom Built Vessel Viewing Decks.
- Informative Live Commentary is given on all cruises.
- Two toilets on board.
- Limited Wheel chair access.
- We are a licensed vessel.
- Family owned and operated and have gained the reputation of maintaining high safety standards, exceptional service as well as sharing our love of the area and nature with passengers.
- Complimentary Refreshments including tea, coffee, hot soup, cheese & biscuits.
What to Bring?
- Warm clothes – being on the water can be cold when standing viewing the whales.
- Camera – to capture all those golden whale moments (and spare batteries or a power source).
- Sunglasses – there is a lot of glare off the water so a pair of sunnies is always recommended.
- Seasickness precautions are recommended for whale watching and coastal wilderness cruises which operate on open waters, it’s always better to be prepared.
- A sense of adventure – you never know what we may encounter!
>PLEASE NOTE:All cruises are subject to weather and passenger numbers. Full refund if cruise is cancelled due to unsuitable weather.
Terms & Conditions
All cruises are subject to weather and passenger numbers. If for any reason such as bad weather a cruise is cancelled, Cat Balou Cruises will offer to rebook those tickets on another cruise of the same value, or will provide a full refund.
The following applies to all tickets purchased direct from Cat Balou Cruises:
• Cancellations within 24 hours of the booking departure or failure to board will receive no refund.
• Cancellations within 48 hours of the booking departure will receive a 50% refund.
• Cancellations more than 48 hours prior to the booking departure receive a refund of 80%.
• There is no refund for Gift Vouchers purchased.
Ready to Book?